What triggers the sending of the Webhook?

Hello,

I have set a webhook on a ChatBot with a webservice provided by a customer. This webservice works already on my good old forms, but somehow I can’t get it working on my ChatBot.

So what exactly triggers the sending of the webhook with CollectChat ?

What I mean is : with traditional forms we have a “send” button, and when the users clicks “send” then the datas are sent to the recipeint via the webservice.

I think I have set my webhook properly, but I just miss the sending feature.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey there,

Great question!

The webhook get’s triggered when the conversation is completed. In our chatbots the conversations are predesigned. Hence there is always a start and an end.

Whenever the conversation ends, the webhook gets triggered.

There is an option to trigger webhook, for a partial conversation (if user decides to leave midway). For this, you have to turn on “Send all responses” from Settings > Notification.

If you need more clarity, please let me know.

Regards,
Aslam from Collect.chat

2 Likes

Thanks Aslam,

So if I understand well, the datas will be sent when a field marked as “end of conversation” is reached. In that case, all datas entered before this field will be sent via the webhook ?

You are correct!

To add, the last message in the conversation automatically has “End of Conversation” attached to it.

1 Like

Thanks Aslam, that makes sense :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@aslam I can’t get it to work, When the webhook is set and tested it work but doest carry over the data while using the bot. Tried using intercept services to see if its something on the backend, It only works while its setup.

Hi Arjun,

Your current plan supports only a single webhook and the intercepter was added as the third one. Maybe you can delete all webhooks and test using one webhook.

Please let us know if the issue persists.