Send data as url parameters after user submitting chat

Hi, I want to create a bot that will redirect clients to the payment page after finishing the chat flow.
I need to have a redirect to a specific url but to pass parameters in the URL based on the asnwers.
I saw this guide: https://help.collect.chat/article/show/85980-send-data-from-chatbot-to-pre-fill-a-webpage
But I’m not sure where to paste this snippet.
Thank you.

1 Like

The method mentioned here requires some amount of technical knowledge. I recommend you to consult one technical person if you are not one.

This only works when the chatbot is installed as a widget inside your website, not on landing page or embed mode.

You need to use the code snippet inside the same page where the widget is. The code will communicate with the widget and collect data after user completes the chat flow. Inside the javascript function you get the data and then you can use it to redirect using url params or even send data to server and then redirect to a unique url sent by your server.

Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers,
Shyjal

I tried it as said, but nothing happens after user finish chat.
I tried to paste the snipped in header of site, didnt work.
Also tried to paste it on the page, didn’t work.
I do have technichal knowledge in Wordpress, but I don’t understand why it’s not working.

Good news! There is a simple alternative because of our latest thank you question type.

1. Add thank you from script section
  2. Add the url you wish to redirect users at end of conversation
  3. Click on plus button near question keys
  4. Select questions and add corresponding keys that you need as URL parameter

Let me know how this works out for you.

1 Like