Add custom data to message (not only response) for identified users

Hi there,

I’d like to set up a bot where the process is as follows:

1. A user signs in with his account on our website
  2. We already know the name of the customer and could pass this through the URL of the button to initiate the bot (…/?name=John)
  3. When a customer clicks on the link to open the bot, I’d like to welcome the user with “Hi John”.

Is there any way I could do that? I’ve seen that adding custom data to the response works and adding variables to messages. But how can I add custom data passed through the URL (or webhook possibly) to the messages?

Cheers - Timo

1 Like

HI Timo,

This is actually one of our most asked features. We have a roadmap of features, I will be adding your request there.

We release features one by one. You can see it here: http://updates.collect.chat/

Once this feature, you requested is available, I will let you know :slight_smile:

Regards,
Aslam from Collect.chat

Hi Aslam

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply :slight_smile:

Do you know if there’s any method to do this programmatically for the time being so that I could point that out to our devs? Maybe using the collectchat.message() action and passing a variable instead of a generic text?

Best
Timo

Hi Timo,

Yes you are on the right track. By coding, it can be done. If you can send a mail to care@collect.chat with your dev team looped in, I can better explain it there.

Regards,
Aslam from Collect.chat