A hidden field to generate a random number?

Hello,

Is it possible to have a hiden field that would generate a random number ? This random number will be sent to a recipient as random lead id.

Thanks.

What you asked for is not available.

I believe you want to assign a unique ID to the lead that is coming in. Can you tell me what’s your workflow or why you want such a feature?

Are you sending the leads to a google sheet or CRM? (CRMs or other tools will assign ID at their own unique code to a new lead.

Regards,
Aslam from Collect.chat

Hello Aslam,

I generate prospects contacts via collect.chat. Today I manually enter these datas into a GravityForm, on wich I set a webservice, so that datas are sent on a server.

Yet I want to send them directly via my chatbots, I still have to figue out how (any suggestion maybe ?).

But the problem is that the recipient of these contacts wants me to send him a random number for each contact, that would be the unique reference number for each contact.

I was able to generate this number with GravityForms via their calculation fields.

So my question is : how can I generate this number with Collect.chat ?

To send data from chatbot to server, please refer this documentation here - https://help.collect.chat/article/show/62544-send-the-data-to-your-server

To add a custom data to the response, please read the " Adding data using Javascript" part in this help doc - https://help.collect.chat/article/show/85448-add-custom-data-to-response

You can take the help of web developer to generate a random number and sent it along with the data.

I hope this shall do the trick for you

Regards,
Aslam

1 Like

Hello Aslam,

I am having lots of difficulties to find a developper familiar with Collect.Chat. Do you have a sort of market place where I can post a job offer ?

Hi there,

You actually don’t need a developer to be familiar with Collect.chat. If you are trying to setup the integration with a third-party app, the developer should have some knowledge in working with API requests.

Most web developers should have that basic knowledge. Technically, we are sending a POST request which contains all the data.

Perhaps rephrasing your job-request with the above should help you.

Regards,
Aslam

1 Like